[Zope-CMF] getting the items that a dcworkflow worklist define

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:41:39 +0100

Rocky Burt wrote at 2003-2-4 11:53 -0500:
 > My intent was to build approx 1 worklist per workflow, that would signify that something is needing to be done with the particular content type that the worklist pertains to.
 >
 > I was expecting that there was some kind of call I could make that would give me back a list of items that match a (or all) worklist's requirements back from the portal_workflow so that I could present this list back to the user as a type of "My Tasks" screen.  But after defining the worklist for one of my content types, I am unable to find such a function/method/call.

I have extended DCWorkflow such that worklists provide
a "search" method.

I am not sure, however, whether you should use this extension.

  For each new DCWorkflow release, I costs me about 10 to 15 minutes
  before the extension works again...

The alternative:

  Worklists are essentially catalog queries.

  While is is very nice to define the query just once (that has
  been my reason for the extension) and use it for both
  action and overview, it is feasible to do it twice...

Dieter