[Zope-CMF] Filesystem Directory View - no objects

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:15:54 +0100

Mark Gibson wrote at 2003-2-6 16:39 -0700:
 > After I restart my zope instance (2.6.0 linux), Filesystem Directory
 > View objects in my portal_skins folder contain no objects.  Even if I
 > update the view, no objects appear.  The only way I can get the file
 > system objects to appear is if I create a new Directory View.
 >
 > Any explanations or fixes?
Once, we have seen this, too:

  FDV (Filesystem Directory View) stores its path not absolute
  but relative to some well known directories ("SOFTWARE_HOME"
  and "INSTANCE_HOME").

  This is to facilitate moving your Zope instance (across
  directory, hosts, ...).

  However, it means that the stored paths may no longer
  work when you change something with these environment
  variables.

In our case, the shell which was used to define "INSTANCE_HOME"
used a different absolute path than the one obtained inside
Python (a consequence of automounting).

Dieter