[Zope-CMF] Multilingual site with CMF/Plone?

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:09:08 -0800

> For now my experience is, that if you use Plone, you can't expect
> anything else to work with it.

I do find that a bit of an oversimplification. I'm able to take many
"off the shelf" or "default" CMF products and use them with Plone.
Sometimes the skin needs fiddling with, but that's about it.

> And yes - we have succesfully done multilingual sites with default CMF
> and localiser... but not with Plone.

The Plone installation, especially the windows installer comes with
Localizer etc setup and a dozen languages ready installed.

I haven't tried creating mutlilingual content however, so I cant comment
there.
--
   Andy McKay