[Zope-CMF] Multilingual site with CMF/Plone?

Raphael Ritz r.ritz@biologie.hu-berlin.de
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:00:25 +0100

Andy McKay wrote:

> And really Im going to reiterate, what really does a user have to do
> make their product compatible with Plone? The answer for products I
> have converted is minimal to none.

Is this documented somewhere? Could we try to be constructive on this issue?
How about developing something like a 'best practice' for people that
want to
write products that work with CMF Default as well as with Plone out of
the box.
(yes, there are such people ;-)

I have been using CMF for quite a while now and currently my interest in
Plone
is increasing and from what I have looked at so far it's really not too
hard to
have Products working with both right away.
But I agree that currently it's not uncommon to have minor incompatibilities
with products (like Plone's 'getParentNode' (or so) is undefined for plain
CMF products, products developed for Plone try to set properties during
initialization that don't exist in CMF Default etc) but these can be
dealt with.

How about having a Wiki somewhere (at plone.org?) where those issues can
be documented and discussed? Or do we have something like that already
and I just don't know?

    Raphael