[Zope-CMF] Multilingual site with CMF/Plone?

Erik Lange erik@digitalforbruger.dk
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:53:22 +0100

At 10:31 AM 2/12/03, Magnus Heino wrote:

> > >CMF Default != CMF
> >
> > I know :-)
>
>Really?

Really!

When I'm talking about "standard CMF", I don't mean "CMF Default", but CMF
Core.

> > >Similarly there are different CMS's out there like Silva, CPS, are you
> > >suggesting they should all pass their changes down to CMF or Zope? They
> > >aren't bug fixes or improvements, they are just different.
> >
> > Well, if the CMF is ugly / broken / incorrect or doesn't do what we want,
> > I'm sure your suggestion or improvements will be appreciated.
>
>CMF Default != CMF

Hmm.. did I say anything about CMF Default above ?

>If it makes you feel better, I know that some people, myself being one of
>them,  want to remove the requirement on CMFDefault for Plone.

Then Plone would truely be an alternative CMF implementation, maybe that
would make things a bit clearer for your users.

If there is a requirement for CMF Default in Plone today, I believe it is
common sense to expect that Plone doesn't break CMF Default in any way, and
that products that works with CMF Default only, also works with Plone.

Kind regards,
Erik Lange