[Zope-CMF] Where does a folder view come from?

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:33:54 -0500

I'm not sure if this is a Zope question or a CMF question, but here
goes: where is the page for "/foo" generated if "/foo" is a folder?  (In
this case it's a CMF PortalFolder.)  My problem is that "/foo" is
brand-new and doesn't have an "index_html" document -- so somebody is
acquiring "/index_html" and showing it for the "/foo" view.  Yuck.

I would have thought that the absence of "/foo/index_html" would mean
Zope would show me a contents page for "/foo", but that doesn't seem to
be the case.  Diving into portal_types/Folder, it looks like there is no
action defined for "view" -- and this is backed up by
factory_type_information in CMFCore/PortalFolder.py.  So some code
somewhere is making the decision to look for "index_html" and acquiring
it from "/" ... but what code?  where?

Thanks --

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
I wonder if I ought to tell them about my PREVIOUS LIFE as a COMPLETE