[Zope-CMF] Localizer in CMF/Plone problem

Roger Oberholtzer roger.oberholtzer@surbrunn.net
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:06:11 +0100

I have installed Zope 2.6.1, CMF 1.3, Plone 1.0, Localizer 1.0.0,
TranslationService 0.3 and CMFLocalizer 0.4 (phew!).

I am mightily impressed that Plone is now rather multi-lingual. The
Localizer interface to the message catalog is going to be very useful.

I then tried the next step of using CMFLocalizer to make localized
index_html's in the root of my site.

So, I added a CMFLocalizer Tool (portal_localizer) and added the languages
I want. I then added a CMFLocalizer Content item (selecting 'Locale
Content, which, if I did not select it, raised an error) and proceeded to
fill it in.

However, I cannot access it. Zope complains:

2003-02-16T22:51:15 ERROR(200) BeforeTraverse Error while invoking hook:
"portal_localizer" Traceback (innermost last):
File /home/httpd/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/BeforeTraverse.py,
line 134, in __call__  File
/home/httpd/Zope/lib/python/Products/CMFLocalizer/LocalizerTool.py,
line 227, in __call__    (Object: portal_localizer)  File
/home/httpd/Zope/lib/python/Products/CMFLocalizer/LocalizerTool.py,
line 85, in _get_first_lang    (Object: portal_localizer)  File
/home/httpd/Zope/lib/python/Products/Localizer/Accept.py,
line 184, in __getitem
__
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'split'

I thought I was making great progress. But this I do not understand. I see
this in Zope's log all through the time I am making the item. There is no
complaint to the Zope interface.

I see in Accept.py, on line 184, the split call is called with two
arguments, and everywhere else in the file it has 1. Is this the problem?

--

Roger Oberholtzer
Sunny Stockholm