[Zope-CMF] New folderish product not acting folderishy

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:56:09 +0100

Fearless Froggie wrote at 2003-2-14 16:47 -0800:
 > I got ambitious and created a new folderish product
 > for the CMF, based on the LocCMFProduct tutorial. The
 > class inherits from DefaultDublinCoreImpl,
 > SkinnedFolder, and PortalFolder.
 >
 > When I create an instance of my new class and click on
 > it in the management screen, I just get a "Properties"
 > screen instead of a listing of what's in my
 > "folderish" product.

The order of base classes is essential.

  The available tabs are controlled by the class attribute
  "manage_options".

  When you inherit from several base classes, you get
  "manage_options" from the first one that defines it
  (in your case probably "DefaultDublinCoreImpl".).

  It is very likely that you must combine the "manage_options"
  from the base classes in your derived class.

Dieter