[Zope-CMF] unchecking visible for view action makes reply action not visible

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:48:31 -0500

[Colin Leath wrote (cleath@j9k.org) on 2/16/03 8:52 PM]

> Is that a bug or a feature?
>
> if I make the view action not visible for a document- reply also
> disappears!

hi colin, I'm not able  to reproduce it. I unchecked "Visible?" for a stock
CMF site for the Portal Document and yet the Reply action still shows up (I
renamed it to Comment in this case, not sure if that makes any differences).

> What I would really like to do is have the action the user is currently
> 'doing' not appear.
> so, if user is viewing document- 'view' will not be in the available
> action list.

I think you'll need some custom code that checks to see if the id of the
action matches the current id, and that may not even work because when
you're looking at something/view I think it will give you the id of the
objetc being viewed and not the method. but you might be able to find a way
to do this.

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net