[Zope-CMF] customizing workflows

william milnor wmilnor@soforext.net
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:13:33 -0500

George,

No, I didn't change the permissions or roles.  User Z has the role of
'Owner' in foo, user Y has the role of 'Reviewer' in foo, and user X has
the role of 'Reviewer' at the root.  Using any workflow besides the
default workflow, when Z submits, only X sees a link for 'Pending'; Y
does not see it.  Only members with the 'Review Portal Content'
permission at the root level see the link.  Using the default workflow
(Simple Review/Publish) both X and Y see the link.

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-cmf-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-cmf-admin@zope.org] On Behalf
Of george donnelly
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 8:10 AM
To: william milnor; zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] customizing workflows

[william milnor wrote (wmilnor@soforext.net) on 2/18/03 2:01 PM]

> I have installed DC Workflow on my server.  I have added a
> default_workflow (Web-configurable workflow [Revision 2]).  Everything
> seems to work fine except the only members that see 'Pending
Review(1)'
> in their actions list are those that have 'Review Portal Content'
> permission at the root of my CMF site.

That's the way its supposed to work. The idea is that you don't want
just
any anonymous user posting anf publishing content.

> For instance, I create a folder
> called foo in my root.  I give user X the reviewer role at the root
> level and I give user Y the reviewer role at the level of foo.  If a
> user Z submits a piece of content called bar (associated with the new
> workflow), X sees a link for items pending review, but Y does not see
> the same link in his actions list.  Now, user y is able to traverse to
> foo and is can even publish bar; so his permissions do not seem to be
> the problem.  In fact, if I now give Y the reviewer role at the root,
he
> does see a link for items pending review.

Hmm, that doesn't sound like the way its supposed to work. I have never
experienced this... Have you changed any permissions on the workflow?

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net