[Zope-CMF] Private CMF site

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:38:23 -0500

On 19 February 2003, Tres Seaver said:
>     * Give appropriate "proxy roles" to the 'login_form' template, which
>       will enable it to use those services.  Ausum's how-to actually
>       shows that, I think.

Ahh, but what if login_form is a Filesystem Page Template?  There's no
"Proxies" tab there.  In Ausum's howto, login_form is a DTML method in
portal_skins/custom, and it's completely vanilla -- doesn't use the
portal skin at all.

The most obvious kludge:

  * create portal_skins/custom/login_form.dtml -- give it the right
    proxy role, and just have it call _login_form

  * make portal_skins/myskin/_login_form.pt (a filesystem page template)
    the real thing

That doesn't sound any cleaner than opening up /portal/portal_* to
Anonymous, so I'll try that first.  Sooner or later something's bound to
work.  ;-)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Speak softly and carry a +6 two-handed sword.