[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMF 1.4 alpha

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:11:37 +0000

Florent Guillaume wrote:

> Existing code checks for the "View" permission (by an ugly hack using
> Title BTW) on the type information object (TI) to mean that users are
> allowed to view instances.

I've never understood this complaint myself. Can you explain a bit more?
Maybe we can fix it for 1.4?

> To be coherent, we could check for "Add portal Content" on the TI to
> mean that users are allowed to create instances. No need to add a new
> permission.

Good call! Why didn't we think of using that permission...

> As the UI can easily check permissions (folder_contents does it
> already), I think 2. is covered also.

Well, if the bug day comes, I'll definitely make this happen...

cheers,

Chris

PS: Florent, that damn news server is back in your messages again :-(