[Zope-CMF] new Recipe: Create default content for new members; allow members to publish

Colin Leath cleath@j9k.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:32:53 -0500 (EST)

http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1046292285

This addresses some common mailing list questions.

replies have been made to the following related docs:
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/gregweb/20010815/

http://cmf.zope.org/doc/FAQ/development/faq15/

***

   Tres or another CMF.zope.org manager:
   please note that
   replies to FAQs are not visible unless one goes to:
   http://cmf.zope.org/doc/FAQ/development/faq15/faq_view
   perhaps change the faq topic or default view?
   I'll add this to collector eventually if it doesn't change, or someone
   recommends otherwise.

***

Category: CMF
1) Creates default content, making new member the owner of the default
content.
2) Gives new member the reviewer role on her/his folder so can publish her
own docs.

All this using the standard CMF (no DC workflow; no hotfixes -- designed
for freezope)

Two scripts must be created or customized:

register (customize) -- Note my register script requires lowercase
usernames and more gracefully handles the error when username is invalid
or already in use

createDefaultContentForNewMember (create) (must be proxy manager)

You also need to create a user which has the documents you want to be the
default. In this example that user is default_user.

You may also wish to customize content_byline to address the confusion
between owner and creator. (e.g. change "created by" to "owned by")

scripts are at:
http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1046292285