[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMF 1.4 alpha

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:02:15 +0000

Florent Guillaume wrote:

> Well, that a permission on the TI be used to control the viewability of
> instances seems a bit like a hack to me (although it's not without some
> logic I must admit). I'd much have preferred to have in the TI an
> explicit list of roles allowed to see the instances. Same thing for
> creation.

I disagree pretty strongly. The TI provides the meta-information for a piece of
content. We _could_ do what DC Workflow does and provide a whole seperate system
for managing role-permission mappings for these two permissions, but why do that
when simply setting permissions on the TI could work so well?
It seems pretty intuitive to me, does anyone apart from you find it unintuitive?

cheers,

Chris