AW: [Zope-CMF] XML - converter

Mathes, Thomas Alexander Thomas-Alexander.Mathes@iao.fhg.de
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:27:20 +0100

Hello Thomas,

>>Actually, I am testing the DCWorkflow and the OpenFlow Product.
>>I know that these are two different concepts of defining a workflow.

>Sorry!
The DCWorkflow is a state based workflow description. It is very similar
to a deterministic finite automat.

OpenFlow on the other hand, is an activity based workflow system. It
is more like a petri network.

>It's best to install Plone in the Products directory,
>add a Plone site then go to the portal_workflow tool
>and there go to the contents tab. Selct a workflow
>and press the Import/Export Knob. "Select XML format?"

>This gives yo a XML file. You have to look at the
>structure yourself comparing the content with the
>management screens of the exported workflow.

>Is that what you wanted?
Well I tried this. Not with Plone, but with CMF and DCWorkflow.
The problem is that this is only the normal Export/Import mechanism of
Zope. And the XML - Format is more or less unreadable.

What I'm interested in is to support standardised XML - Formats like
http://www.wfmc.org/, in order to define business processes and integrate
them into a Workflow System.

SAP is doing this the same way. ;-)