[Zope-CMF] Versioned content?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:06:49 -0800

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 09:48:39PM -0600, Alan Runyan wrote:
> CMFStaging is exactly what you are looking for.

OK, thanks... I misunderstood the purpose of CMFStaging I guess,
I thought it only handled having separate development / production
areas in one Zope instance, which to me implies two versions of any given
document, and that's not what I need.

In my defense I'll say that documentation and download information for
CMFStaging seems to be nonexistent or at least well hidden  :(
AFAICT it is only available via CVS and there is no documentation
whatsoever. True?

In my searching I turned up:
3 hits on zope.org, none of them do more than mention it
in passing.

0 hits on cmf.zope.org, zopezen, zopelabs, sourceforge
(tried it before I found the cvs.zope.org pages).

Google shows a bunch of cvsweb pages from the CMFStaging
repository.  Also a  bunch of mailing list posts that, again,
just mention that it exists and don't say much of anything about it.
Certainly nothing that indicates that CMFStaging handles
versioning of portal content.

If this is false, I will gladly do what I can to help make it easier
to find - maybe add a news item to zopezen, that kind of thing.

I could also download and play with it and write a basic README.txt
describing the purpose of the product, which could be added to
the CVS tree, would that help?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com