[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.4 Roadmap

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:29:26 -0700

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 02:02  PM, Andy McKay wrote:

> Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
>> Instead of focusing on Composite/Compound Content, could we instead
>> focus on pluggable text handlers?  Tres mentioned something about
>> this a couple of months back.  I have a much simpler version done
>> (although - like everything - it's intermingled heavily with customer
>> and legacy code).
>
> Absolutely, I think I made the incorrect assumption that since these
> things are in HISTORY on CVS that they are checked in :)

They're the history of the future, as marked by their __future__ tag.
I think people are abusing Guido's time machine :)

>> Having a ``portal_text`` tool instead of relying on a fixed number of
>> text types {StructuredText (ugh), HTML, Plain} would make life a lot
>> easier, I think.
>
> Yes having a "portal_text" that can support any format is much more
> preferable to me too. Since none of this is checked in a simple,
> extensible tool is good for me.
>
> Can I sign you up to co-ordinate or help on that?

It depends on the timeline.  I'm out of town the rest of this week (at
LinuxWorldExpo NY at the Zope booth and I don't intend to touch any
computers besides those in the email gardens) and have a pretty full
plate when I get back.  I'm still trying to get my head around Tres'
proposal too.  I'd like to turn it into something more concrete in
order to understand it better.