[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.4 Roadmap

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
21 Jan 2003 10:54:55 -0500

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 06:09, Chris Withers wrote:
> Luca Olivetti wrote:
> > robert rottermann wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Andy,
> >> I would like to have a .proxy file allowed with skin python scripts
> >> that set
> >> the proxy role for that script.
> >>
> > I filed a collector bug for that:
> > <http://collector.zope.org/CMF/97>
>
> This shouldn't be too hard, but please make sure it's tested!

I think that, rather than adding another file, we should change the
format of the 'foo.security' file to allow spelling both role-permission
settings and proxy roles.  The current format is like so:

  <permission_name>:<acquire_flag>:<role_list>

I would prefer a format more like:

  [Permissions]
  <permission_name>:acquire=<acquire_flag>,roles=<role_list>

  [ProxyRoles]
  <role_name>:yes

Code to interpret this file would go in the (currently non-existent)
CMFCore/FSSecurity.py