[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.4 Roadmap

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:06:55 +0000

Andy McKay wrote:
>>> a firm proposal how it works, but there would be a portal_text tool
>>> that contains content type to portal_text mappings. Portal text would

>> This sounds unsure enough that I'm inclined to put for 1.5...
>

> Im really keen for this to be in, it might just be a matter of adding
> some hooks in Document though for 1.4 and then having portal_text to
> plug in. Tres and a few others have talked about this concept recently
> and I think its pretty solid.

Here's a possible alternative approach:

I've been playing with some ideas in this domain, with regard to
converting Word docs, etc - instead of just hooking in Documents, how
about hooking into all PortalContent and having a portal_transformation
tool?

Then you can convert a word document to html to structured text, etc.
(That'll be a common use case, then ;-)

I'd like to be able to say to the tool, "here is some content of type X,
and I would like it in format Y."

seb