[Zope-CMF] renaming /Members

martin f krafft madduck@madduck.net
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:25:40 +0100

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

> Hope that helps.  I don't know anyone who's tried it.  Try it on a new=20
> (non-critcal) portal first.

First off: this is all in a test environment. We are going life middle
of February. So I can try things freely, although I'd prefer to stay
as close to the substance as I can, if you know what I mean...

> My gut feeling is that this is a bad idea.  You would need to make
> changes to portal_membership since that tool expects to create new
> member folders in /Members.  You would have to figure out how to get
> portal_membership to report the proper url for
> portal_membership.getHomeUrl(id).  If your users have any content,
> you'd need to help the portal_catalog find that content after you
> rename the folder, and don't forget to remove the stale catalog
> content.

So I guess I am simply wondering why this hasn't been outsourced into
a configuration variable. I know too little about Zope at this point
to be able to tell, maybe you know the answer: would this be hard to
implement?

--=20
  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck
=20
NOTE: The pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc
=20
making files is easy under the unix operating system. therefore, users
tend to create numerous files using large amounts of file space. it
has been said that the only standard thing about all unix systems is
the message-of-the-day telling users to clean up their files.
                                   -- system v.2 administrator's guide

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE--