[Zope-CMF] TextIndexNG on Word, PDF files

Andreas Jung andreas@andreas-jung.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:21:33 +0100

--On Freitag, 24. Januar 2003 12:15 -0600 Damon Butler <damon@hddesign.com>
wrote:

> My hypothesis, you see, is that TextIndexNG, not having a converter
> associated with application/octet-stream (I've got all the necessary
> converters registered for Word, PDF, etc.), never attempts to index the
> text contents of my Word and PDF files.

Converters are bound to their corresponding mimetype, e.g. the PDF
converter is responsible for application/pdf. It does not make sense
to bind a converter to application/octet-stream. The converter
can not smell the format of the content (maybe it could but this is
beyond the scope of the implementation of TextIndexNG). The solution
is to get the mime types for your content objects fixed.

-aj