[Zope-CMF] .css.dtml

Alan Runyan runyaga@runyaga.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:18:20 -0600

I have just spent some time helping with the Governor of
Texas, Rick Perry's webmaster to help him iron out
why mozilla styles were not working.
http://www.governor.state.tx.us/

it seems that we dont have DTMLDocument wired up
to FSXXXX objects.  This would be a nice feature
to add.. maybe have a FSDTMLDocument that is
wired to the .dtmldoc extension?  this way we could
have properties on objects?  (I think properties are
already supported on FSXXXX objects).

currently.. if you customize a .css.dtml object it
will turn into a DTMLMethod.  Which for whatever
reason can not RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','text/css')
I was always getting a text/plain in the CSS validator
and in mozilla -- not rendering the stylesheet.

if its on the filesystem I believe the __call__ does some
guessing as to what sort of content-type you should send
it also will check the properties of self for content_type.

this seems trivial to do.. am I missing something?  If
its as simple as I think.. I will commit the code.. I think
it would lower the bar 1 notch for system administrators. It
caused much gnashing of teeth.  esp. when he had setHeader()
at the top of the DTML Method but for whatever reason
ZServer was still sending back text/plain.  This was on Zope2.5.1
win32.

cheers,
~runyaga