[Zope-CMF] Re: found actions bug in CMF HEAD and CMF 1.4 I suppose

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Fri, 04 Jul 2003 10:29:36 +0200

Hi Gregoire!

Grégoire Weber wrote:
> I installed CMF head and Archetypes thursday lunch time and Plone head
> and ArchExample head from about three days ago.
>
> I first had a traceback (see below). Same traceback for CMFMember, ArchExample
> and ReviewStorageExample (all archetypes products). I first thought the
> problem would lie in archetypes.

Thanks for the info. The fact you have problems creating
TypeInformations is new since the checkin I made 03/06/28 12:31.

In older or CMF-1_4-branch versions actions were not "tested" on
creation, so the broken actions were stored and maybe fixed by one of
the methods doing conversion before they were used.

> The whole action code seems to be more complex to me as it should.
> This is possibly caused by this backwards compatibility stuff.
> I tried to do a more intelleigent fix, but then produced other
> errors in other locations :-(.
>
> The fix mentioned works for me at the moment.

I tried to clean up the mess a bit. All conversion should now be done by
_convertActions(). But I can't remove that extra conversion code in
other methods because people who added oldstyle TypeInfos with CMF 1.4
might still have broken actions.

> Contact me if you need more information.

Could you please check out the changes from CVS HEAD and test them?

If these changes resolve your problem, I'll merge them into CMF-1_4-branch.

Cheers,

Yuppie