[Zope-CMF] members-only section of cmf site

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:41:05 +0200

Sam Brauer wrote at 2003-7-16 16:24 -0400:
 > Although this works on my dev box, when I tried it on a production
 > server (where Apache is in front of Zope and we use a
 > VirtualHostMonster) it doesn't work.  I've re-checked the permissions
 > and re-tested several times, but it's still possible for anonymous users
 > to view content inside a folder with permissions set as described above.
 >
 > Any help would be most appreciated.

Someone else already pointed out: (external HTTP) caches may compromize secure
  access. A legitimate access may bring the page in the cache
  and later an illegitimate access may get it from the cache
  without even asking Zope.

Otherwise, I have no more insight into your problem.

However, I would like to stress that Apache (in non-caching mode)
and VHM do not affect access to Zope objects.

Dieter