[Zope-CMF] best practices - dealing with large files and avoiding data corruption

Raphael Ritz r.ritz@biologie.hu-berlin.de
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:33:25 +0200

Sam Brauer wrote:

> I have two problems that may or may not be related, but I'll go ahead
> and ask about both of them...
>
> I expect other folks with CMF sites have run into the problem of
> dealing with users that need to upload large files (by "large" I mean
> 5-100Mb) into a CMF site.  I'm wondering how other people have dealt
> with this sort of situation.

We wrote PloneExternalFile for us. It basically wraps ExternalFile for
usage from within Plone.
http://www.neuroinf.de/LabTools/PloneExternalFile-0_1.tgz/view

One thing ExternalFile does to reduce the risk of the porblems you
encouter is to split
the processing of the uploaded file in handsome blocks.

Raphael