[Zope-CMF] Search results with portal_catalog - need a strategy

suresh_vv sureshvv@hotmail.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:25:41 -0000

--- In zopeCMF@yahoogroups.com, Peter McMillan <peterm@u...> wrote:
> Dieter,
>
> I've been continuing to work on getting all the results back from a
standard
> portal search.
>
> I had deleted an index named SearchableText. I've recreated it as a
> ZCTextIndex searching on the Title field.
>
> Now I'm getting back pretty good search results...

SearchableText() is a method implemented by CatalogAware objects
(like Document, Files etc.). It is typically a field index
concatenating title and subject.

Do not delete the standard indexes or create new ones with the
standard names. You are asking for trouble.

Suresh