[Zope-CMF] Objects getting cataloged but not in workflow

Rainer Thaden Rainer Thaden <thadi@gmx.de>
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:14:18 +0200

Hi Gitte,

zcrzo> I have created a new folderish object type derived from DynamicType,
zcrzo> CMFCatalogAware, Folder (just like PortalFolder) but it get's cataloged (and
zcrzo> I want it like that).

zcrzo> But it's also "workflow-aware" and I want to avoid that.
zcrzo> I know I can do it manually in the workflow tool - but isn't it possible to do
zcrzo> it automatically in the object ? (Portal Folder isn't associated with any
zcrzo> workflow by default).

zcrzo> How to do ?

In your class you need to overwrite the methods you find in the base classes
dealing with the workflow.

Look in CMFCatalogAware.py and you find a method notifyWorkflowCreated

Overwrite this like

class yourclass(Basetypes)

    def notifyWorkflowCreated(self):
        pass