[Zope-CMF] CMFCollector almost fully functional

Damon Butler damon@hddesign.com
03 Jun 2003 17:34:27 -0500

I'm running Zope 2.6.1, CMF 1.3.1, and Plone 1.0.1 on top of FreeBSD
4.8, and just installed CMFCollector from the link provided at plone.org
<http://plone.org/documentation/howto/FrontPage/HowToAddCollector>.

I followed the directions for installing CMFCollector to the letter,
including the slight Actions modifications to several of the
Collector-related portal types.

For the most part, the Collector appears to work as advertised: with two
caveats.

(1) I cannot alter the id of the Collector itself. I must stick with the
auto-generated id it provides. What this means is that I am unable to
return to the Collector and edit its configuration after initially
creating it. Attempting to submit changes (even if I change nothing!)
always sends cursor focus back to the "Name" field on the configure
form, and the helpful tip exclaims:

"Enter the ID of the document. This is the part [....] Example:
expense-report-2002"

(2) I can't figure out how to assign a collector issue to anyone. Where
do you supply names and addresses for issue handlers? Why is the "Assign
to:" list box always empty?

And finally, a question: What is the purpose behind the Collector Subset
object? What can you do with it? Where does it go after you create it? I
couldn't find it after I made one.

Thanks in advance for any help you folks can offer.
--Damon