[Zope-CMF] Re: [Plone-users] How do I get every user able to see all foldersofa given group?

David Neelands dgn@smtp.co.alachua.fl.us
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:29:52 -0400

Hmmm that looks like the solution of putting a custom index file into
every directory that you want a file list in.  That's not good, as we
will have many contributors, most of whom won't know much about doing
that, and the ITS department won't want to nurse it.

Hmmm... it seems as though you can add sidebar things easily enough
under right_slots and left_slots... I wonder what options there are
there.

-==- -==- -==- -==- -==- -==- -==- -==-
David George Neelands
Alachua County Information & Telecommunication Services
dgn@co.alachua.fl.us, (352) 338-7300
http://www.co.alachua.fl.us
-==- -==- -==- -==- -==- -==- -==- -==-
"The user owns the Back button."
-- Dr. Jakob Nielsen, http://www.useit.com/alertbox

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, David Neelands wrote:

> 2) I want users to be able to see the contents view of any given
> folder.  Not to add, but to just see a list of files.  How can I do
> this?

Simple - don't put an index_html file in there.

Example:
http://easyweb.co.uk/Members/martin/blog

Alternatively, shove the folder_contents method there:
http://easyweb.co.uk/Members/martin/blog/folder_contents

If you don't have a role that lets you add content, you just get the
file
list.

Cheers
Martin

Inbound Mail Scanned by Mcafee Web Appliance.

OutBound Mail Scanned by Mcafee Web Appliance.