[Zope-CMF] Calling context.setTitle() doesn't work when you're not a Manager

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
24 Jun 2003 10:09:40 -0400

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 10:06, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> A long time ago Tres wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 09:27, Slade Mrs A wrote:
> > > Calling context.setTitle() doesn't work when you're not a Manager.  I get
> > > the following error:	Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access setTitle
> > > in this context
> > >
> > > I tried giving the script a Proxy role of Manager but that didn't help, why?
> > > (FYI, I am trying to execute my script on a 'Skinned Folder').
> >
> > SkinnedFolder's 'setTitle' comes from PortalFolder, where it is
> > protected by the "Manage Properties";  as a workaround, you could give
> > that permission to the "Owner" role.
> >
> > This is likely a bug, as SkinnedFolder is supposed to be "content",
> > rather than "site structure" (PortalFolders normally make up the
> > structure of the site, and hence had a different permission guarding
> > their metadata than "ordinary" content).
>
> How about adding DefaultDublinCoreImpl to SkinnedFolder's base classes ?
> Would that pose a problem to anyone ?
> I think it's the right thing here.

Another option would be to add a new content class, ContentFolder, which
mixed in the two items.  It might be a good candidate for the
cataloguing stuff, as well.  I would actually prefer to be able to build
a site entirely without PortalFolder, because I no longer find its
"acquire index_html" behavior useful anywhere.