[Zope-CMF] Calling context.setTitle() doesn't work when you're not a Manager

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
24 Jun 2003 10:27:35 -0400

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 10:23, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:
> >>How about adding DefaultDublinCoreImpl to SkinnedFolder's base classes ?
> >>Would that pose a problem to anyone ?
> >>I think it's the right thing here.
> >

> > Another option would be to add a new content class, ContentFolder, which
> > mixed in the two items.  It might be a good candidate for the
> > cataloguing stuff, as well.  I would actually prefer to be able to build
> > a site entirely without PortalFolder, because I no longer find its
> > "acquire index_html" behavior useful anywhere.
>
> That works too, and indeed is cleaner.
> We're talking about CMFCore here, right ?

SkinnedFolder is in CMFDefault, n'est-ce pas?

> Would PortalContentFolder be a good name then, to follow the Portal
> prefix ? ContentFolder is ok too if you prefer.

In CMFDefault, I would just call it 'ContentFolder'.  Forward
compatibility is a bit problematic here, because SkinnedFolder is likely
already widely used for "content".  What if we added a new class,
'DynamicFolder', which derived from PortalFolder and had the __call__
which is currently in SkinnedFolder?  SkinnedFolder would then derive
from DynamicFolder, instead of from PortalFolder, while still mixing in
CMFCatalogAware, but also adding DefaultDublinCoreImpl.