[Zope-CMF] KeywordIndex search with operator 'and' returns all results when only one keyword matches

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:06:49 +0200

Richard Ettema wrote at 2003-6-26 19:30 +0100:
 > When I search a CMF site catalog with the dtml shown below (searching with
 > 'review_state' (fieldindex) and 'food' (keywordIndex) ) the following
 > occurs:
 >
 >  -if there are SOME cataloged items with both 'oranges' and 'apples',
 > published items cataloged with a 'food' index matching 'oranges' AND
 > 'apples' are returned as expected.
 >
 >  -if there are NO cataloged items with both 'oranges' and 'apples',
 > published items cataloged with a 'food' index matching 'oranges' OR 'apples'
 > are returned. No items should be returned by my reckoning?
 >
 > I have searched around for anyone with this situation, but have not found
 > anything.

This bug has been reported to the mailing list some time ago.

Someone disagreed that it were a bug.

I strongly agree with you. Please file a bug report.

Dieter