[Zope-CMF] I18n-skins: Why I did what I did :-)

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:17:43 +0100

On Monday 03 March 2003 12:54 pm, Magnus Heino wrote:
> > I used the text-strings as msgids because skins will break if you do =
not
> > have the translation-stuff setup. We have that problem in our custom
> > skins, and it doensn't look good with a button displaying
> > 'ok_submit_button' or whatever you set the msgid to be.
>
> This was a bug in some old (Zope2.6.0alpha1?) zope version, it doesnt w=
ork
> like that for later stable versions.

Arh - now I have found the place where the msgid-stuff looks very very od=
d :-(

I have a submit button where I set the value to 'publishform_changeButton=
' and=20
then i18n:attributes=3D"value" ...
The the button displays with the text 'publishform_changeButton' ... I kn=
ow it=20
should behave this way (Zope doesn't have Artificial Intelligence yet!) b=
ut=20
is there any way to use a msgid on the button on still have a nice text s=
hown=20
when no translation stuff has been installed ???

--=20
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

Linux - because a PC is a terrible thing to waste