[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMFDefault skins

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 13:06:55 +0000

Yuppie wrote:

>>> - workflow action changes
>>
>> Can you elaborate? I don't remember needing to do this...
>
> The form ids are hardwired in default_workflow actions and are used in
> existing DCWorkflow definitions.

Oh, I see. Yeah, they could do with being changed in the distro, but wouldn't
require people to upgrade to the 'new way' if we left the old template there for
1.4.x. I'd suggest they should go away in 1.5.x though...

>>> - storing transition descriptions somewhere else (in the workflow?)
>>
>> DCWorkflow was extended by me to support this some months ago ;-)
>
> Great!

See the 'description' box in the Transition objects' properties tab.

>>> - a migration path
>>
>> ...I don't remember needing a migration path either...
>
> Well, perhaps we just should not delete the old forms.

Indeed. If we make it clear that the old forms will be there for 1.4.x and will
vanish in 1.5.x, then people have lots of time to migrate manually. I think
that'd be the best policy here since people are likely to have customised those
templates anyway. What do others think?

>> Just to clarify, I have this code and it works on a recent cvs
>> checkout of CMF, I'm asking whether people want to incorporate it into
>> the core...
>
> +1

OK, Can someone open a collector entry and email me the URL...

> But that doesn't conflict with the small change I want to do right now.
> For old workflows we have to keep and maintain the old forms.

OK.

cheers,

Chris