[Zope-CMF] reindexObject problem

Andreas Jung andreas@andreas-jung.com
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 07:59:43 +0100

--On Donnerstag, 6. M=E4rz 2003 08:51 -0500 Tres Seaver <tseaver@zope.com>=20
wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 13:25, Yuppie wrote:
>
>> Using TextIndexNG, reindexObject doesn't delete words from the index
>> that are deleted from SearchableText.
>
> This is a bug in the index.  Reindexing a document should fix up both
> the "forward" indexes (from value to UID) and the "reverse" indexes
> (from UID back to value).  Unindexing is *not* supposed to happen for
> objects whose UID is still valid.

In fact this behaviour has not been implemented by TextIndexNG. I had in=20
mind
that a changed document would be unindexed first before it would be=20
reindexed
by the catalog.

I fixed TextIndexNG to remove unused word ids from the forward/backward
indexes so Yuppies testcase is now working. The changes are in the CVS
and will be in the next release V 1.09 (coming up within the next days).

-aj