[Zope-CMF] Function Removal if Item is locked.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:25:06 +0100

Hi Tres,

Tres Seaver wrote at 2003-3-10 18:45 -0500:
 > ... TypeInformation as ActionProviderBase ...
 > It is scheduled to be in 1.4;  I have done a good bit of the work to
 > land it today:
 >
 >   - Merged the branch and fixed up all conflicts;  all tests pass.
 >
 >   - Updated all the 'factory_type_information' structures to make the
 >     'action' key a TALES expression (e.g., "document_view" ->
 >     "string:document_view").
 >
 > Remaining TODOs:
 >
 >   - Write an external method for converting existing type info objects
 >     (they all have dictionaries, instead of ActionInformation objects,
 >     stored in the ZODB).
 >
 >   - Test it.
 >
 > I am going to land this on a new branch against today's head, if anybody
 > would like to help test:

Nice to hear.

My colleagues dearly wanted me to implement an additional feature:

  Provide an additional "target" field for actions. This
  field is meant to control the "target" attribute of the "a"
  tag and allows to present actions is a specific frame
  or a separate window.

It was very easy to implement.

 > Anyone game to play?  I have build and lightly tested a new CMFSite with
 > this code, but am certain that sites built previously die horribly.

Your original code (the one I use since months) did some automatic
conversion. At least, I am not aware that I had to run a conversion
script.

 > Perhaps somebody can come up with a patch which avoids the necessity of
 > running a conversion script?

Dieter