[Zope-CMF] Building dynamic pages & the like

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:31:10 +0000

Hi,

I'm curious as to how people are building semi-dynamic pages that content
authors want to configure the layout for.

Take for example:
http://www.ich.ucl.ac.uk/
..compared with:
http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/pressoffice

Both pages have collections of content on them but the presentation and layout
are slightly different. In a 'normal' CMF-based site I'd do that in a ZPT, but
what about sites like the above where there are a _lot_ of different ways that
index pages are laid out.

The only thing I could think to do was to scatter index_html's in 'content
space' but this means someone needs to be ZPT-aware (and worse still, go through
the ZMI) in order to layout the index page of their department.

What other was have people found to tackle these kinds of problems?

cheers,

Chris