[Zope-CMF] Updating workflow variables from within scripts

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:49:41 +0100

In article <20030319001628.GB6874@eye.surgam.net> you write:
> Using DCWorkflow...
>
> I can update custom workflow variables from a transition expression,
> but I haven't been able to get it working from a script that's
> executed as part of a transition.

"to get it working" = ?
If you mean update a variable "from" a script, no, it doesn't work like
that. The variables can be changed only by specific expressions in
transitions or in their definition itself.

> Similarly, I'd like to also update a variable in the workflow of an
> object's direct parent - is this possible? Again, code examples?

You'll have to make the parent follow a transition, during which the
variable is recomputed.

It looks like what you really want is just object's properties, not
workflow variables.

Florent