[Zope-CMF] Adding Metadata types to portal content

Norfleet, Sheppard S. SNorfleet2@northropgrumman.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:10:58 -0800

Please Help,

I have spent the last few days researching trying to figure out how to add
new metadata, and have it appear in the "Edit Metadata" action and the
Create Portal Content form; so please go easy on any flames if I missed an
FAQ.

Basically, I just need to add additional meta data to be added to Default
CMF portal content when it is created like the currently existing Subject,
Description, language, etc...

I did use the meta data tool to add the meta-data under the properties tab,
but it still does not automatically appear in the create form and edit form
for metadata.  Do I need to modify a Python Script to do this?  If so can
you point me in the right direciton.

Also I would like to add additional meta-data to a portal content
"submission"; like a proposed version number.

Thanks for any help that can be lent to me.

Regards,

Sheppard Norfleet