[Zope-CMF] Process the results of a method

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:59:40 +0100

David Cain wrote at 2003-3-24 09:39 -0500:
 > I'd like to give my content provides a way to run a Python External
 > Method on a document view.
 >
 > One the content provide has created the document, and takes a look at
 > it, they'd like to validate it against the W3C's HTML Tidy tool.  I have
 > an external method that calls Tidy just fine, but I don't know how to
 > send the results of the .../view method to it.

You call the view method of the respective object and pass its result
(as argument) into the External Method.

Alternatively, you pass the object itself and call its view method
in the External Method.

Dieter