[Zope-CMF] Small change on MemberdataTool

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
19 May 2003 14:25:44 -0400

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 14:17, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 09:46:31AM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
>
> | Does NZO require that this be on the 1.3 branch?  This is really a new
> | feature;  I can see sneaking it into 1.4 (it should be low risk), but I
> | have no plans at the moment to release a 1.3.2, and would really like to
> | keep the change set on that branch to essential bugfixes (so that making
> | a 1.3.2 release requires the least amount of testing).
>
> Well, as 1.4 isnt final yet, I think were going to stick with 1.3 for
> NZO, as its stable and well tested. About the change being required,
> well... its not exactly required, but having to duplicate a 20+ line
> long method just for a 1-line change, and having to watch for changes
> on the original product seems completely awkward to me.

I'm guessing that you plan to do "instance dict" majyk in the NZO setup
to make your patched bit work, right?  In that case, could you just
monkey-patch the tool's 'wrapUser' method, with a big XXX comment noting
that the patch can go away when NZO upgrades to 1.4 (which it ought to
do ASAP after the release, scheduled for today).

Does NZO use a vendor-imported CMF repository?  That would be another
way to resolve this issue:  you could add the patch you your vendor
import of 1.3.1, and then have it go away when you re-import 1.4.