[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] createMemberarea: small proposal

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Fri, 23 May 2003 12:51:34 +0200

On Friday 23 May 2003 12:24 pm, Yuppie wrote:
> Yuppie wrote:
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Seems I have to discuss this with myself ;)
>
> Does anybody know why createMemberarea doesn't make use of invokeFactory()
> ?

My guess is that is because members are not logged_in when the
createMemberArea function is called (if member areas are created when
joining)

> If there is no good reason, I'm going to change that.

Well if invokeFactory() handles anonymous users supposed to be members then
fine with me :-))

But I think the initiative to make the member areas dynamically changeable is
a great thing! I really miss that functionality (at the moment I'm
subclassing the membership tool a lot of times).

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

Python 2.0 beta 1 is now available from BeOpen PythonLabs.
There is a long list of new features since Python 1.6,
released earlier today. We don't plan on any new releases
in the next 24 hours.

    -- Jeremy Hylton, in the 2.0b1 announcement, 5 Sep 2000