[Zope-CMF] Re: discussion_reply_form POST -> DiscussionItem creation prb

Petri Savolainen petri.savolainen at iki.fi
Mon Nov 3 18:13:17 EST 2003

Uhhh I have plone 1.x.x installed and did not realize Plone mucks with
the default discussion machinery of CMF, fixing the Creator field.

There is a script buried in a skins subdirectory in which Plone
hardcodes the Creator to authenticated member:

plone_scripts/form_scripts discussion_reply.py

Having gotten a bit frustrated after wasting an hour or two with this, I
wonder why Plone needs to hardcode this? CMF does not afaik...

Just an oversight, maybe?

Thanks,

  Petri