[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-CMF] Re: Member tools refactoring (Was: Better

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Nov 3 09:20:21 EST 2003

Lennart Regebro wrote:

 >  >  - use archetypes to configure member objects which behave like
 > normal > zope objects
 >
 > I'm not familiar enough with archetypes to tell what the actual benefits
 > of this is. Could someone summarize?

It is also a problem that the member folder is a plain folder. There is
no good way to get a hold of the memberfolder if you are inside it, and
you don't know the user id.

What I am looking for is something like:

class UserFolder:

     def getUserFolder(self):
         return self

That can then be called from inside a userfolder hierachy so that you
can allway get the userfolder you are in.

regards Max M