[Zope-CMF] Subdomain in folder in CMF site

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Thu Nov 6 03:21:27 EST 2003

Onsdag 05 november 2003 11:14   skrev Dieter Maurer:
> Gitte Wange wrote at 2003-11-5 16:39 +0100:
>  > I have just got a task where I need to add a SiteRoot/Access
>  > Rule/something to a folder in a CMF site, in order to give it it's own
>  > subdomain
>
> What is a folder's "subdomain"?
>
> I fear, you mix concepts.
>
> A "subdomain" is a DNS concept. In the first place, it has nothing
> to do with folders.

Which is exactly what I meant :-)

> You can use Apache's virtual hosting support (and Zope's VHM)
> to map a subdomain onto Zope folders.
> There are HowTos on Zope.org...

Yes there is HowTo's on how to get an entire CMF site to run on a sub domain.
I already have a SiteRoot object in my CMF site in order to have one domain
pointed at the site. SiteRoot is the only "domain-solution" I have used for
Zope so I'm not familiar with any other solution.

I want to achieve to have another domain pointing at a folder in my CMF site
but still have access to the above CMF Site, the skins, tools etc. And I'm
pretty sure if I put a SiteRoot object in my folder, then the folder will not
have access to the above CMF Site etc. Right ?
So I was asking if anyone had tried it and how they solved it.

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

Somebody asked me how to pronounce "Gisle" the other day,
I told them I pronouce it "God." :^)

    -- Chris McDonough talking about Gisle Aas,
       developer of Zope-Perl, 25 Jan 2001