[Zope-CMF] Re: Better Membership and MemberData tools

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Fri Nov 7 13:25:04 EST 2003

Hi!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Ok here's my plan for the week-end:
>
> - modify MembershipTool and MemberDataTool so that for all their
>   userfolder-related stuff they call a standardized API on the
>   userfolder. This includes:

Well. My understanding of MembershipTool is that it provides a
standardized API, but doesn't depend on a standardized API.

MemberDataTool is just a helper tool for user folders which have limited
support for maintaining member properties. Would we still need a
MemberDataTool if we use an user folder with your additional API?

I'm not sure I understand what your plan is: Do you want to change the
default Zope User Folder? Or wrap it with an other layer between
acl_users and MembershipTool? Or support two APIs - the default Zope API
and an extended CMF API?

Cheers,

Yuppie