[Zope-CMF] Subdomain in folder in CMF site

Sune Brøndum Wøller sune at syntetisk.dk
Mon Nov 10 14:58:53 EST 2003

hmmm, I have no solution anyway :(
but I found out I kind of have the same problem : How to nest sites ?

The 'real' zope url of the search result item
might look like this :
http://IPADDRESS:PORT/www/item1/view
(here the item1 is in the root of the cmssite "www", which is published as
www.mydomain.com)

the published url :
http://www.mydomain.com/item1/view

on the subsite in 'subfolder' the url returned by the search could be
http://sub.mydomain.com/item1/view

this gets rewritten by apache to
http://[IP-NUMBER]:10180/VirtualHostBase/http/sub.mydomain.com:80/www/subfol
der/VirtualHostRoot/item1/view

zope tries to get /www/subfolder/item1/view
which works because of aquisition.

What would be nice is a way to get http://IPADDRESS:PORT/www/item1/view
published as http://www.mydomain.com/item1/view even from
http://sub.mydomain.com/
That is, on sub.mydomain.dk, all urls that does not contain the path
/www/subfolder/
to the virtual root should be published on an other (the parent) domain.
Does this make sense ?

Any other (and possible) solution to nesting sites using VHM ?

greetings,
Sune B. Woeller

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

(On the statement print "42 monkeys"+"1 snake") BTW,
both perl and Python get this wrong. Perl gives 43
and Python gives "42 monkeys1 snake",
when the answer is clearly "41 monkeys and 1 fat snake".

    -- Jim Fulton, 10 Aug 1999