[Zope-CMF] VHM behaving weird on items in a folder with it's own subdomain

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Tue Nov 11 03:57:33 EST 2003

Hello,

I have been trying some different setups with VHM, because I simply don't
understand what is happening :-)

I created a new instance for testing purpose.
Here I had a CMF site and told apache to rewrite URLS so this site could be
accessed by www.mydomain.com - that worked great!
Inside the CMF site I created a folder. Now I told apache to rewrite urls for
this folder, so it could be accessed by folder.mydomain.com
That worked great. I had kept the defualt skins, and the urls at the top
(pointing to Members, News etc) had links to e.g. www.mydomain.com/Members
(which is exactly what I wanted).

Now I moved the setup to another site. But the links in the folder doesn't
point at www.mydomain.com (as I would expect) but points to
folder.mydomain.com (I'm not talking about the items inside the folder, but
links to e.g. Members and so)

Any idea how to prevent this?

My rewrite rule looks like this:
for www.mydomain.com:
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://IP:PORT/VirtualHostBase/http/www.mydomain.com:80/www/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]

For folder.mydomain.com:
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://IP:PORT/VirtualHostBase/http/folder.mydomain.com:80/www/folder/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]

Any hints would be appreciated :-)

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

I'd use a list comprehension instead of a map(lambda...)
if I thought it would get past Jim

    -- Steve Alexander: Zope-Dev mailing list
       In a patch for ZCatalog.