[Zope-CMF] Allowing content authors to only delete some content from a folder

Heimo Laukkanen huima at iki.fi
Fri Oct 17 21:36:17 EDT 2003

At the moment deleting content from a folder in CMF ( and so also in
Plone ) requires that users have a Delete objects permission in that
folder. Unfortunately that also means that users can delete from the
folder any object.

I would like to have the possibility to allow users to delete *some* but
not all objects from a folder - for example based on whether the object
is published or what type is it etc.

Currently the only way that I can think of implementing it is to do my
own content types with ArcheTypes and add manage_beforeDelete-method
that gets called and throw exception in situations that I don't want
object to be deleted. These rules could be written first inside the
classes but later on moved to be configurations inside the CMFSite /
PlonePortal.

Does anyone else have a better idea on how to implement this?

-huima