[Zope-CMF] Problem with illegal characters

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Oct 25 15:21:12 EDT 2003

Bert Vanderbauwhede wrote at 2003-10-24 16:20 +0200:
 > On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 >
 > > Bert Vanderbauwhede wrote at 2003-10-22 14:22 +0200:
 > >  > ...
 > >  > Is there a way to modify standard_error_message so that the users still
 > >  > get to see the error message, but not the button?
 > >
 > > Sure: locate its source and change it.
 >
 > The exception is raised in OFS/CopySupport.py, method manage_renameObject.
 > The extra data item that is passed along with the exception is a
 > MessageDialog object. This object generates the HTML code with the button.

I see.

This is a bigger problem: Zope thinks at many places it should
put HTML in its error messages. I think this is not a good idea.
The HTML is presentation and presentation should be left over
for the template.

 > Shouldn't MessageDialogs stay within the ZMI?

You can use Chris Withers "stripogram" module to filter away
unwanted HTML.

 > (I solved the problem in standard_error_message by checking every
 > options/error_message for HTML code.)

Okay, similar to what I suggested.

 > > Consider an upgrade...
 >
 > If only I had time to do it...

Also, it will not help with your current problem...

--
Dieter